Starting January 2015, skilled foreign workers will have access to Express Entry– a new electronic application management system – which will apply to Canada’s key economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
- Candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than the first in line, will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
- Express Entry candidates will benefit from processing times of six months or less.
The New Two-Step Application Process
Online Express Entry Profile
Express Entry Pool
- Candidates will be given a score to determine their place in the pool using a Comprehensive Ranking System, which will consider skills, work experience, language ability, education and other factors that we know contribute to economic success for immigrants once in Canada.
- While in the pool, candidates will be required to update their profile to reflect changes in status, e.g. language, education, family composition, etc.
Invitation to Apply (ITA)